Pakistan Professionals Forum Qatar (PPFQ) hosted Shaukat Khanum Cancer Awareness Annual Sohour at City Center Rotana on May 16, 2019. This is the fourth year of collaboration where PPFQ brought the community together to celebrate the achievements of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital (SKMCH) and share patient testimonies.
Mohsin Mujtaba, Chairman of PPFQ said. “PPFQ is a group of people who are hopelessly in love with Pakistan. Hopelessly in love with the hope for a better future of Pakistan. Shaukat Khanum is hope for many and this hope shall prevail.”
Dr. Aasim Yusuf, Chief Medical Officer of SKMCH presented development and expansion plans for the hospital in Lahore, Peshawar and Karachi. He also shared that SKMCH provide free cancer treatment of 75% of its patients.
This yearâ€™s patient testimonies were based on children that were fighting cancer.
Maya Ali said” SKMCH is not only a hospital, itâ€™s also a home for these children and their parents. She shared the ordeals of the under privileged cancer patients and urged everyone to support SKMCH in their plans.â€
Naila Khan, Associate Director Marketing at SKMCH thanked the organizers, media persons and all the guests for coming out and supporting the cause.
Dr. Hadi of Qatar Cancer Society urged the audience towards regular screening process for early detection and prevention via healthy life style.
The event was very well attended and all audiences had a heartwarming experience.
- Doha Metro, Lusail Tram release 30-day pass for QR120
- Qatar Airways resumes daily service to Osaka Kansai
- Qatar Meteorology predicts rain accompanied by thunder for coming weekend
- Qatar condemns in the strongest terms new massacre in Gaza, demands urgent international action for immediate end to aggression against Palestinians
- Qatar Airways’ codeshare partner, China Southern Airlines, announces new route to Doha from Guangzhou